from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southern Texas on the Rio Grande south-southwest of San Antonio. Established by Spanish settlers in 1755, it is a major port of entry and a retail, tourist, and industrial center. Population: 215,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in south Texas, United States.
- proper n. A city in north Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- proper n. A town in Cantabria, Spain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in southern Texas on the Rio Grande
Sorry, no etymologies found.