American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A region of north-central Europe in southern Estonia and northern Latvia. Originally settled by the Livs, a Finnic people, the area was conquered in the 13th century by German knights, the Livonian Brothers of the Sword. After the dissolution of the order (1561), Livonia was contested by Poland, Russia, and Sweden, finally becoming a Russian province in 1783. In 1918 Livonia was divided between Estonia and Latvia.
- A city of southeast Michigan, a residential suburb of Detroit. Population: 96,700.
- n. A historical region in the Baltic, south of the Gulf of Finland, now divided and constituting southern Estonia and northern Latvia.
- n. Any of various towns in the USA.
- n. a region on the Baltic that is divided between northern Estonia and southern Latvia
“I am back in Livonia, not doing much of anything, so I will be anxiously awaiting your next post.”
“` ` It worked the first time might as well try it the second time, '' said Kesler, who grew up in Livonia, Mich.”
“I shall be there on April 21st in Livonia, Michigan, talking on panels and chatting it up with people.”
“My tentative schedule for Penguicon in Livonia, Michigan is:”
“I wasn't surprised to learn that Polcyn teaches charcuterie at the nearby Schoolcraft College, in Livonia, where he himself trained.”
“However, master and servant safely arrived at Wolmar in Livonia, and there Andrej came to the determination of renouncing the service of the ungrateful Ivan, and entering that of the King of Poland.”
“Senator John McCain, with his wife Cindy, greeted supporters at Senate Coney Island Restaurant in Livonia, Mich. on Thursday.”
“Work at FedEx in Livonia and we’re expecting hell tomorrow.”
“LIVONIA — A white supremacist group is using the slayings of two white restaurant managers in Livonia last month to call attention to its cause, prompting angry responses from victims’ relatives and residents of the suburb.”
“If one reads Antonio Possevino's diplomatic work he recounts how Russian's would fight to the death when in Livonia.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Livonia’.
Looking for tweets for Livonia.