Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A plant, Lychnis Chalcedonica. Also called cross-of-Jerusalem.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. See
Illust.5, of Cross.
- n. (Bot.) A Eurasian garden perennial (Lychins chalcedonica) having scarlet flowers in dense terminal heads.
- n. A cross with triangular or arrow-shaped arms and the points toward the center. See illustration under cross.
- n. Eurasian garden perennial having scarlet flowers in dense terminal heads
- n. a cross with triangular or arrow-shaped arms and the points toward the center
“They, with two others below, formed the revolving Maltese cross of the reaping-machine, which had been brought to the field on the previous evening to be ready for operations this day.”
‘Maltese cross’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Maltese cross.