from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The worship of Satan characterized by a travesty of the Christian rites.
- n. Profound wickedness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Worship of Satan (usually synonymous with "the Devil").
- n. Any religion seen as either non-Christian or anti-Christian.
- n. A profession, philosophy, or ideological construct featuring a positive, admirable, or useful association to the figure, character or entity known as 'Satan'.
- n. The religion of the Church of Satan, founded in 1966 by Anton Szandor LaVey, which characterizes human instincts and desires as "Satan" and urges capitulation to such instincts and desires; also called LaVeyan Satanism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The evil and malicious disposition of Satan; a diabolical spirit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The evil and malicious disposition of Satan; a diabolical spirit, doctrine, or contrivance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a belief in and reverence for devils (especially Satan)
Sorry, no etymologies found.