American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Ruling house of Scotland (1371-1603) and of England and Scotland (1603-1649 and 1660-1714).
- Stuart, Charles Edward Known as "the Young Pretender.” 1720-1788. Pretender to the British throne. The grandson of James II, he led the last Jacobite rising (1745-1746), claiming the throne for his father, James Edward Stuart, but was defeated in battle and fled to France.
- Stuart, Gilbert Charles 1755-1828. American painter particularly known for his portraits of George Washington.
- Stuart, Henry See Lord Darnley.
- Stuart, James Ewell Brown Known as "Jeb.” 1833-1864. American Confederate general who commanded brilliantly at the battles of Bull Run (1861 and 1862), Antietam (1862), and Fredericksburg (1862). His tactical error at Gettysburg (1863) contributed to the Confederate defeat there. Stuart was mortally wounded during the Wilderness Campaign (1864).
- Stuart, James (Francis) Edward Known as "the Old Pretender.” 1688-1766. Pretender to the British throne. The son of James II, he made two unsuccessful attempts to take the throne (1708-1715). The final Jacobite rising (1745-1746), also a failure, was conducted on his behalf by his son Charles Edward Stuart.
- n. A Scottish surname, a variant of Stewart.
- n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- n. A royal house in Scotland and England up to the early 18th century.
- n. the royal family that ruled Scotland from 1371-1714 and ruled England from 1603 to 1649 and again from 1660 to 1714
- n. a member of the royal family that ruled Scotland and England
- n. United States painter best known for his portraits of George Washington (1755-1828)
“STUART - Stuart resident Jennifer Porter and Wellington resident Rick Jackson are currently training to ride a 100-mile bike ride in order to raise money and awareness for the programs of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.”
“STUART - A Stuart contractor has filed a protest after being disqualified from the bidding for a contract to install safety pads at Witham Airport.”
“STUART - Redeemer Lutheran Church invites everyone to take part in a fun filled day in Memorial Park, 300 SE Ocean Blvd. (next to Martin County Court House), Stuart.”
“STUART - Motorists using Martin Luther King Boulevard in Stuart will have to began taking an alternate route as of Monday while the city of Stuart installs a reclaimed water transmission line along Stypmann Boulevard.”
“STUART - The national award-winning literacy program, Paws to Read, celebrated its 10th anniversary Thursday night at the Blake Library in Stuart.”
“STUART - Lloyds Asset Management, a Jupiter-based precious-metals broker and dealer, has opened a branch office at Regency Square Suites, 2440 S.E. Federal Highway, Suite F in Stuart.”
“Tractor-trailer stuck on railroad tracks at 23rd Street crossing in Vero STUART - Petite Surprise, owned by Molly Stracuzzi, has opened at 2885 S.E. Ocean Blvd. in Stuart.”
“STUART - Waterford Hotel Group recently named the Courtyard by Marriott in Stuart as its 2009”
“STUART - Mikel C. Spraker, C.A has opened for business at 532 C.lorado Ave. in Stuart.”
“STUART - A 22-year-old Stuart man is charged with child abuse and domestic battery in what sheriff's investigators say was a case of a man strangling his girlfriend at home while their”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Stuart’.
A list of words which yield surprising, beautiful, amusing, or otherwise noteworthy images here on Wordnik.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for Stuart.