from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who abets; an instigator of an offense or an offender.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who abets or incites; one who aids or encourages another to commit a crime; a supporter or encourager of something bad. Abettor is the form used in law.
- n. In law, an abettor, as distinguished from an accessory, is more especially one who, being present, gives aid or encouragement.
- n. One who aids, supports, or encourages: in a good sense.
- n. Synonyms Abettor, Accessory, Accomplice. See accomplice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who helps or encourages or incites another
abet + -er. (Wiktionary)