from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who cultivates an unusually high sensitivity to beauty, as in art or nature.
- n. One whose pursuit and admiration of beauty is regarded as excessive or affected.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who cultivates an unusually high sensitivity to beauty, as in art or nature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes much or overmuch of æsthetics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who professes great sensitivity to the beauty of art and nature
Back-formation from aesthetic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek αἰσθητής ("one who perceives"). (Wiktionary)