from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Beforehand; in advance; in anticipation.
- adj. Beforehand in condition; forehanded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Beforehand; in anticipation.
- adj. Prepared; previously provided; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Beforehand; in advance; in anticipation.
- Beforehand in condition; forehanded: as, he is aforehand with the world.
From Middle English aforehande, equivalent to afore- + hand. (Wiktionary)