Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- About that; concerning that or it.
- Near that place; in that neighborhood.
- Near that number, quantity, degree, or time; as, a dozen or thereabout; two gallons or thereabout. In this and the last sense also thereabouts.
- adv. near that place, time or date
- adv. approximately that number
- adv. obsolete concerning that; about that
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. Near that place.
- adv. Near that number, degree, or quantity; nearly.
- adv. rare Concerning that; about that.
- adv. near that time or date
- adv. near that place
- there + about (Wiktionary)
“She was aiming to tap and return by the trail for the wood-sleds which crossed thereabout, but a mile away from it she ran into the soft snow and brought the winded dogs to a walk.”
“And he followed a road; Till, when he reached the setting-place of the Sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout.”
“(Quran 18: 47) And he followed a road; Till, when he reached the setting-place of the Sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout.”
“In 2007 we were a $200 million-plus [revenues] company, and we're going to exit 2010 at $1.4 billion or thereabout.”
“And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?”
“In 2000 or thereabout, Governor Johnson called or threatened to call a special session to address the Indian reservation gas tax issue.”
“Cynlas of Rhos was a big, hatchet-faced man of fifty or thereabout, broadly built and tall, the weathered skin of his face beginning to loosen over the bluntly prominent bones, his ox-blood-colored hair and mustache just threaded with gray.”
“But I think he came into the spring training game in Fort Lauderdale, and it was the year, I believe, after the World Series or closely thereabout.”
“So, from 1 in 20 kids to 1 in 5 kids or thereabout is a serious problem, I will agree.”
“On Friday evening, the fashion industry unleashes its formal plea to the world's consumers to shop like it's 1985 ... or thereabout.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘thereabout’.
Oh, prepositional adverbs (and bizarre Russian musical instruments)! How I love you.
Looking for tweets for thereabout.