from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An ornamental cord worn on the shoulder of a military uniform.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of aiglet. (A metal tip, on a ribbon or cord that facilitated lacing two parts of a garment together.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A point or tag at the end of a fringe or lace; an aglet.
- n. One of the ornamental tags, cords, or loops on some military and naval uniforms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as aglet, 1.
- n. In cookery, a name given to a number of hors d'æuvre, or side-dishes, from their being served on small ornamental skewers or needles (aiguilles).
French; see aglet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)