from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suffering from or afflicted with anorexia nervosa.
- adj. Anorectic.
- adj. Characterized by severe economy of style and expression: "The book consists of nineteen rather anorexic stories, stripped of all but vestigial traces of emotion and often of plot” ( Madison Smartt Bell).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to, or suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- adj. thin, skinny
- n. Somebody suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- n. A medicine which suppresses appetite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person suffering from anorexia nervosa
- adj. suffering from anorexia nervosa; pathologically thin
Sorry, no etymologies found.