from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suffering from or afflicted with anorexia nervosa.
- adj. Anorectic.
- adj. Characterized by severe economy of style and expression: "The book consists of nineteen rather anorexic stories, stripped of all but vestigial traces of emotion and often of plot” ( Madison Smartt Bell).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to, or suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- adj. thin, skinny
- n. Somebody suffering from anorexia nervosa.
- n. A medicine which suppresses appetite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person suffering from anorexia nervosa
- adj. suffering from anorexia nervosa; pathologically thin
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Gisele doesnt look skinnier she looks waaaaaaaaaaay tooo skinny its called anorexic
At first he describes her as "anorexic" -- but then he clarifies:
Honestly, I am sick being called anorexic or walking stick for being in size 2 and fit.
Tonight, why so many people are actually defending this 19-year-old super-thin Australian beauty contestant, who is being called anorexic?
HILTON: I had Nicole Richie come up to me in the coffee shop that I work at sometimes and come straight to my face and say, "Hey, call my anorexic to my face."
They will say I am becoming anorexic, which is miles from the truth.
KNIGHTLEY: They went, How does it feel to be always called anorexic?
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY, ACTRESS: They went, How does it feel to be always called anorexic?
I - I was shocked to go on the Internet and see how many of these things exist, basically helping people be better at being anorexic, which is a crazy notion.
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY, ACTRESS: How does it feel to be always called anorexic?
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.