from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The third syllable from the end in a word, such as te in antepenult.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The third-to-last syllable of a word.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The last syllable of a word except two, as -syl- in monosyllable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shortened and very common form of antepenultima.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 3rd syllable of a word counting back from the end
Short for Late Latin antepaenultima, from feminine of antepaenultimus, antepenultimate; see antepenultimate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
ante- + penult (Wiktionary)