from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an artificial manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an artificial manner; by art, or skill and contrivance, not by nature.
- adv. Ingeniously; skillfully.
- adv. Craftily; artfully.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an artificial manner; by art or human skill and contrivance.
- With good contrivance; with skill or ingenuity.
- Artfully; craftily.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. not according to nature; not by natural means
artificial + -ly (Wiktionary)