Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an official capacity; as an official: as, I am not officially cognizant of the matter; officially connected with some undertaking.
- By the proper officer, or in accordance with official requirements; duly and formally, as by an official: as, accounts or reports officially verified; persons officially notified.
- adv. In an official manner
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. By the proper officer; by virtue of the proper authority; in pursuance of the special powers vested in an officer or office
- adv. in an official role
- adv. with official authorization
- From official + -ly. (Wiktionary)
“In 1938 Slaughter made the talent portion of the competition mandatory; in 1941 she got the name officially changed to "The Miss America Pageant;" and in 1945 she gave out the first scholarship to the winner.”
“Mohammad so is the title officially "90210" now? theTVaddict”
““Mother of God,” “Theotokos,” is the title officially attributed to Mary in the fifth century, exactly by the Council of Ephesus in 431, but affirmed in the devotion of the Christian people already since the third century, in the context of the discussions that arose in that period over the person of Christ.”
“Stuart Immonen mentioned on a website, when asked about the change, explained that Marvel did not secure a clear-cut trademark, so while they MIGHT be all right as they were, they felt it was just better off to change the title officially to Nextwave, Agents of H.A.T.E.”
“She wondered if anyone would ever call her Alex again, or if she should just have her name officially changed to Your Honor.”
“The term officially last year round beginning in October.”
“When his term officially ends next January, Miller will have 37 years in law enforcement.”
“We'd have to go through a special election to fill out the rest of her term, and then hold another one in 2012, when her term officially ends.”
“With his term officially expiring at the end of January, any further delays could undermine the dollar next week," the report said.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘officially’.
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Very basic words for ESL students.
Looking for tweets for officially.