from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an official manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By the proper officer; by virtue of the proper authority; in pursuance of the special powers vested in an officer or office
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an official capacity; as an official: as, I am not officially cognizant of the matter; officially connected with some undertaking.
- By the proper officer, or in accordance with official requirements; duly and formally, as by an official: as, accounts or reports officially verified; persons officially notified.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an official role
- adv. with official authorization
From official + -ly. (Wiktionary)