from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Automatic pilot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic system used to guide a vehicle without assistance from a human being.
- n. A state of mind where one no longer thinks about doing his actions, he just does them seemingly as a second nature
- v. To pilot itself; to drive or travel automatically.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a device that automatically keeps ships or planes or spacecraft on a steady course.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cognitive state in which you act without self-awareness
- n. a navigational device that automatically keeps ships or planes or spacecraft on a steady course
auto- + pilot (Wiktionary)