from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who bails property to another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who bails property; one who places property in the hands of another (called a bailee) for safekeeping.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who delivers goods or money to another in trust.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In law, one who delivers goods to another in bailment. See bailment
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person who delivers personal property (goods or money) in trust to the bailee in a bailment
Sorry, no etymologies found.