- adj. Minimalist; lacking that which is not essential.
- adj. computing Describes a computer sold pre-assembled, but without certain essential components, often a processor, memory, and hard drive.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the absolute minimum necessary.
- adj. having only the absolute minimum necessary; having only the essential components.
- n. (plural) the most basic facts or elements
“The filing was a so-called bare-bones petition where little more was filed by yesterday evening aside from the printed form and a list of creditors and shareholders.”
“I would design a somewhat bare-bones health insurance plan.”
“I start with some bare-bones points that are already set, and I know what the ending needs to look like.”
“A focus on bare-bones, special-effects-free storytelling was at the core of the Dogme 95 group, with director Lars von Trier, in the late 1990s and 2000s.”
“Though the region is rich in oil, southern Sudan has little running water, few paved roads and bare-bones health care.”
“At its global procurement office in the southern China boomtown of Shenzhen, Walmart makes representatives from surrounding factories sit together in a bare-bones waiting room before they get a chance to negotiate with the retailer's agents.”
“Griffin wound up heading a bare-bones customer support team of people numbered “in the low three figures,” many of them spread around the globe.”
“There he provided a bare-bones description of what his team had found in the Tinner records.”
“The shop screams simple, with seven tables, bare-bones décor and nearly naked walls.”
“There is always an audience for primal, bare-bones rock'n'roll, something for which he had an instinctive feel.”
‘bare-bones’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for bare-bones.