from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The concept of perfect beauty.
- n. An idealized type or model: the beau ideal of a high-ranking army officer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Nonstandard spelling of beau idéal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A conception or image of consummate beauty, moral or physical, formed in the mind, free from all the deformities, defects, and blemishes seen in actual existence; an ideal or faultless standard or model.
- n. See Beau ideal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mental conception or image of any object, moral or physical, in its perfect typical form, free from all the deformities, defects, and blemishes accompanying its actual existence; a model of excellence in the mind or fancy; ideal excellence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ideal instance; a perfect embodiment of a concept
French beau idéal, perfect ideal.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.