from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The side of a bed or the space alongside it.
- adj. At or near the side of a bed: a bedside table; bedside conversation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. To the side of one's bed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The side of a bed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The side of a bed; position by a bed: usually with reference to attendance on one confined to bed: as, she watched by his bedside till dawn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. space by the side of a bed (especially the bed of a sick or dying person)
Sorry, no etymologies found.