from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To envy the possession or enjoyment of: She begrudged him his youth. See Synonyms at envy.
- transitive v. To give or expend with reluctance: begrudged every penny spent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To be reluctant
- v. to give reluctantly.
- v. To be envious or covetous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To grudge; to envy the possession of.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To grudge; envy the possession of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. wish ill or allow unwillingly
- v. be envious of; set one's heart on
Sorry, no etymologies found.