American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A style of operatic singing characterized by full, even tones and a brilliant display of vocal technique.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Music) a cantabile style of operatic singing characterized by purity and evenness of tone, and a precise but brilliant vocal technique displaying ease and agility.
- n. a style of operatic singing
- Italian beautiful singing (Wiktionary)
- Italian : bel, bello, beautiful + canto, singing. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bel canto’.
a list of pretentious words i have used or hope to use when discussing operas because they make me feel like i am considerably more knowledgeable about opera than i actually am.
Looking for tweets for bel canto.