from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of hum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Emitting a murmuring sound; droning; murmuring; buzzing.
- n. A sound like that made by bees; a low, murmuring sound; a hum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sound like that made by bees; a low murmuring sound.
- Resounding with hums.
- Such as to bubble or froth much, or as to cause a humming in the head: applied to strong malt liquors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a humming noise
- n. the act of singing with closed lips
Sorry, no etymologies found.