from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The total mass of living matter within a given unit of environmental area.
- n. Plant material, vegetation, or agricultural waste used as a fuel or energy source.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The total mass of all living things within a specific area, habitat etc.
- n. Vegetation used as a fuel, or source of energy, especially if cultivated for that purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. plant materials and animal waste used as fuel
- n. the total mass of living matter in a given unit area
bio- + mass (Wiktionary)