from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bluish-gray sandstone used for paving and building.
- n. A stone similar to this kind of sandstone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of dolerite which appears blue when wet or freshly broken.
- n. Any of several massive stones used to construct Stonehenge.
- n. A feldspathic sandstone in the U.S.
- n. A form of limestone native to the Shenandoah Valley
- n. A basalt or olivine basalt.
- n. Slate from quarries in or near Adelaide.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Blue vitriol.
- n. A grayish blue building stone, as that commonly used in the eastern United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bluish-grey sandstone used for paving and building
Sorry, no etymologies found.