from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A whalebone whale (Balaena mysticetus) of Arctic seas, having a very large head and an arched upper jaw.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large whale, Balaena mysticetus, having a large, rounded head, that inhabits Arctic waters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The great Arctic or Greenland whale. (Balæna mysticetus). See baleen, and whale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of right whale; the polar right whale or Greenland whale, Balœna mysticetus. See also cut under whale.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large-mouthed Arctic whale
Sorry, no etymologies found.