from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Linguistics Voiceless.
- adj. Having breath of a specified kind. Often used in combination: sour-breathed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of breathe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having breath or breath as specified; usually used in combination.
- adj. uttered without voice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Endowed with breath; exercised.
- Out of breath.
- In philology, uttered with breath as distinguished from voice; surd or mute.
- In compounds, having that capacity for breathing indicated by the prefix; as, short-breathed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. uttered without voice
Sorry, no etymologies found.