from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of breech.
- n. A garment worn by men, covering the hips and thighs; smallclothes.
- n. Trousers; pantaloons; britches.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. A garment worn by men, covering the hips and thighs; smallclothes.
- n.pl. Trousers; pantaloons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A bifurcated garment worn by men, covering the body from the waist to the knees, or, in some cases, only to mid-thigh.
- Less properly, trousers or pantaloons.
- Synonyms See trousers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. trousers ending above the knee
Middle English brech, brek, Old English brēc, plural of brōc ("breech, breeches"); akin to Old Norse brók ("breeches"), Danish brog, Dutch broek, German Bruch f.; compare Latin bracae ( > French braies) which is of Celtic origin. Compare brail. (Wiktionary)