from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman who attends the bride at a wedding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman who attends the bride at a wedding ceremony, as part of the main wedding group.
- v. To act as a bridesmaid for; to attend the bride during a wedding ceremony.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A female friend who attends on a bride at her wedding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A young girl or an unmarried woman who attends on a bride at her marriage during the ceremony.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an unmarried woman who attends the bride at a wedding
Sorry, no etymologies found.