from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A commissioned rank in the U.S. Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps that is above colonel and below major general.
- n. One who holds this rank.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A military officer who commands a brigade.
- n. A one star general.
- n. A military rank between colonel and the second lowest general rank or major general, having an O7 NATO rank scale equivalency
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- An officer in rank next above a colonel, and below a major general. He commands a brigade, and is sometimes called, by a shortening of his title, simple a brigadier.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as brigadier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a general officer ranking below a major general
Sorry, no etymologies found.