from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property by virtue of which a material is fractured without appreciable deformation by the application of load
- n. The state of being brittle; aptness to break; fragility.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Aptness to break; fragility.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Instability; changeableness.
- n. The property of breaking readily with a comparatively smooth fracture; frangibility: the opposite of toughness and tenacity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. firm but easily broken
Sorry, no etymologies found.