from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Trade or navigation in coastal waters.
- n. The exclusive right of a country to operate the air traffic within its territory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The transport of goods or passengers between two points in the same country.
- n. The right to engage in such transport.
- n. The exclusive right of a country to control such transport.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Navigation along the coast; the details of coast pilotage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, navigation along a coast; coasting-trade.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the exclusive right of a country to control the air traffic within its borders
- n. navigation in coastal waters
French, from caboter, to sail along a coast, perhaps from Spanish cabo, cape, from Latin caput, head; see cape2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)