American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A coffeehouse, restaurant, or bar.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Coffee.
- n. A coffee-house; a restaurant.
- n. A coffee shop; an establishment selling coffee and sometimes other non-alcoholic beverages, simple meals or snacks, with a facility to consume them on the premises.
- n. A French pub.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A coffeehouse; a restaurant, especially a small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold; also, a room in a hotel or restaurant where coffee and liquors are served.
- Borrowing from French café ("coffee") (Wiktionary)
- French, coffee, café, from Italian caffè, coffee, from Ottoman Turkish qahveh; see coffee. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘café’.
Arabic loanwords in English are words acquired directly from Arabic or else indirectly by passing from Arabic into other languages and then into English. Most entered one or more of the Romance lan...
Spanish words acquired from classical and andalusi Arabic
Words of more than one syllable that include no schwas in their pronunciation.
(Note for pedants: some of these words have more than one pronunciation. As long as just one of the possi...
Coffee, and coffee related stuff. I did spend few hours in The Net with this and now I am up to my neck with "coffee".. I probably return to this list. Later.
Step #1: Pick a noun
Step #2: Add "World" after it
Step #4: Profit?
Looking for tweets for café.