from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A duplicate, as of a letter, made by using carbon paper.
- n. A person or thing that closely resembles another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A copy produced in an alternated stack of ordinary sheets of paper and carbon papers. The pression applied on the top sheet (by a pen or typewriter) causes every carbon paper to release its carbon cover, thus reproducing the writing on the subjacent layers of paper.
- n. Any duplicate.
- v. To create a carbon copy of.
- v. make a copy for, send a duplicate to, cc
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. originally, a copy of a document made by use of a carbon paper, but now used generally to refer to any copy of a document made by a mechanical process, such as xerographic copying.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a copy made with carbon paper
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.