American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A copy or reproduction of a work of art, especially one made by the original artist.
- n. A copy or reproduction, especially one on a scale smaller than the original.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A work of art made in exact likeness of another and by the same artist, differing from a copy in that it is held to have the same right as the first made to be considered an original work.
- n. In music, same as repeat, 2.
- n. An exact copy.
- n. A copy made at a smaller scale of the original.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Fine Arts) A copy of a work of art, as of a picture or statue, made by the maker of the original.
- n. (Mus.) Repetition.
- n. copy that is not the original; something that has been copied
- From Italian, from Latin replicare ("to copy") (Wiktionary)
- Italian, from replicare, to repeat, from Late Latin replicāre; see replicate. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“AFP/Getty Images Russian soldiers clad in replica WWII uniforms prepare for a military parade rehearsal on Moscow's Red Square on Wednesday.”
“Yes | No | Report from jamesti wrote 48 weeks 6 days ago they do make bb/pellet rifles in replica m16 and others. this guy will get off easy and we will be stereo-typed by the antis giving them more fuel for the fire. anyone want to take this guy hunting besides me?”
“A replica is displayed in the National Anthropology Museum in Mexico City.”
“An old friend of ours swore to me that my exact replica is working at a Taco Bell in Nevada.”
“In contrast, the plastic replica is easier to open.”
“Star Trek phaser replica is set to stunning | Major Spoilers - Comic Book Reviews and News”
“A shape formed, grew, and then remained —” It’s in replica,” Dr. Blinklotz explained.”
“HAGRID’S HUT - An authentic replica from the Harry Potter films, guests will pass by Hagrid’s hut on their way to the Flight of the Hippogriff family-friendly roller coaster.”
“The symbolism doesn’t end there, though, as the most interesting feature of the set, a two-story farm house replica, is also suspended above the stage and all the cast is periodically moved up and down not only to set off certain exterior scenes, but to provide a space for action as well when the outside wall is removed, revealing internal rooms.”
“Huntsville also has a replica, which is displayed vertically.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘replica’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Buzzwords of our time
My big word list.
Looking for tweets for replica.