from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of card.
- n. A piece of wool rolled by a carder (carding machine).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. The act or process of preparing staple for spinning, etc., by carding it. See the Note under card, v. t.
- adj. A roll of wool or other fiber as it comes from the carding machine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Card-playing.
- n. The process of combing wool, flax, or cotton.
- n. A loose roll of cotton or wool as it comes from a carding-machine: chiefly in the plural.
Sorry, no etymologies found.