American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small wheeled vehicle typically pushed by hand: a shopping cart; a pastry cart.
- n. A two-wheeled vehicle drawn by an animal and used in farm work and for transporting goods.
- n. The quantity that a cart can hold.
- n. An open two-wheeled carriage.
- n. A light motorized vehicle: a golf cart.
- v. To convey in a cart or truck: cart away garbage.
- v. To convey laboriously or unceremoniously; lug: carted the whole gang off to jail.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A car or chariot.
- n. A two-wheeled vehicle, shorter and higher set than a car, usually for one horse and often without springs, for the conveyance of heavy goods.
- n. A cart-load. A cart of coals was formerly in England 8¾ hundredweight by statute.
- To carry or convey in a cart: as, to cart goods.
- To expose in a cart, by way of punishment.
- To use carts for carriage.
- n. A small, open, wheeled vehicle, drawn or pushed by a person or animal, more often used for transporting goods than passengers.
- n. A small motor vehicle resembling a car; a go cart.
- v. transitive To carry goods.
- n. video games, informal A cartridge for a video game system.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A common name for various kinds of vehicles, as a Scythian dwelling on wheels, or a chariot.
- n. A two-wheeled vehicle for the ordinary purposes of husbandry, or for transporting bulky and heavy articles.
- n. A light business wagon used by bakers, grocerymen, butchers, etc.
- n. An open two-wheeled pleasure carriage.
- v. To carry or convey in a cart.
- v. To expose in a cart by way of punishment.
- v. To carry burdens in a cart; to follow the business of a carter.
- n. wheeled vehicle that can be pushed by a person; may have one or two or four wheels
- n. a heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal
- v. draw slowly or heavily
- v. transport something in a cart
- Shortened from cartridge. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, wagon, from Old English cræt and from Old Norse kartr. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Check out the post card seller, his cart is adorable.”
“A good balance of spices, combined with a creamy, and delicious white sauce, this cart is also the only one that gave us bread, without asking.”
“| Reply everyine thinks that the cart is the problem for NES ala blow into the cart I know we all did it.”
“The chicken at this cart is actually not bad, with big chunks of white meat”
“Shopping cart is still down here at circlet. com, but the book is purchasable from:”
“We like to be helpful and take a cart from the lot.”
“Fauchelevent, a male Valjean saved from being crushed by a cart, is there as good as some-more than peaceful to compensate off a preference by giving them a place to say.”
“The cart is before the horse, just to keep the metaphor thing going, not to mention that Kolhammer, as you may recall, is not personally disposed to elective office – just the opposite, in fact.”
“The chicken was run over by a car — and it was picked up by a woman who rescues birds," she says, noting that this job required a special design: The cart is a small semicircular device the chicken rests in.”
“Woman in cart waiting to collect curative water at Lourdes”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cart’.
words from work
The universe as IKEA sees it.
Furniture, haberdashery, household articles and a lot more. The bulk of the list (750 entries) are IKEA articles in the original English version IKEA use...
active-response c..., add-on-unit for s..., adjustable slatte..., alarm clock, alkaline battery, anti-slip socks, anti-slip underlay, armchair, armrest, artificial flower, artificial garland, artificial plant ... and 830 more...
Very basic words for ESL students.
They went to sea in a Sieve, they did,
In a Sieve they went to sea:
In spite of all their friends could say,
On a winter's morn, on a stormy day,
In a Sieve they went to...
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
words that are typed only with my left hand
Stuffie #4. Stuff you push.
Bilby says I should have one. Even though most of these are on my other lists (the ones that weren't, I didn't really want to list).
I put my groceries in a...
Looking for tweets for cart.