from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A helmet, especially an ornate visorless headpiece of the 16th century.
- n. Zoology A helmetlike structure or protuberance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A visorless helmet.
- n. A hard structure on the head of some birds, such as the hornbill or cassowary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A piece of defensive or ornamental armor (with or without a vizor) for the head and neck; a helmet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A helmet of any kind.
- n. In zoology, some process or formation on the head resembling a helmet; a galea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (15-16th century) any armor for the head; usually ornate without a visor
French, from Spanish casco; see cask.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French casque. (Wiktionary)