from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To smoke continually, as by lighting the next cigarette from the previous one.
- transitive v. To smoke (cigarettes, for example) in continuing succession.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To smoke cigarettes by continuously lighting one from the glowing end of the previous one.
- v. To smoke tobacco cigarettes frequently.
- v. To smoke by continuously lighting one from another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. smoke one cigarette after another; light one cigarette from the preceding one
Sorry, no etymologies found.