from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal An undesirable or unendurable amount: a bellyful of criticism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An undesirable large quantity of something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. As much as satisfies the appetite. Hence: A great abundance; more than enough.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. As much as fills the belly (stomach) or satisfies the appetite; hence, a great abundance; more than enough.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an undesirable overabundance
Sorry, no etymologies found.