Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A room or apartment in which a show is exhibited.
- n. A room or apartment, as in a warehouse, where goods are displayed to the best advantage to attract purchasers; or, in a hotel, an apartment set aside for the use of commercial travelers, in which they can exhibit samples to their customers.
- n. A room in a business set aside for the display of the company's products.
- n. dated A room or apartment where a show is exhibited.
- v. To inspect merchandise in a physical store, then purchase the identical product from an online merchant; to use a physical store as a showroom for an online merchant.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A room or apartment where a show is exhibited.
- n. A room where merchandise is exposed for sale, or where samples are displayed.
- n. an area where merchandise (such as cars) can be displayed
- show + room. Verb sense circa 2011. (Wiktionary)
“Behind the showroom is a lab, where fires are designed and international homologation tests are carried out.”
“This really sounds like the perfect little home, and cedar is a great timber to use for a home like this, I have always liked a log cabin showroom interior design Says:”
“This shop and showroom is expensive but sells small things like egg cups and figurines.”
“The showroom is located in the heart of “Østerbro”, on the eastern side of Copenhagen, and features the entire Normann Copenhagen collection as well as a large variety of contemporary lifestyle products and high profile fashion brands from around the World.”
“Peter, I had forgotten that the showroom is very close to a proper, pukka, belly-dancing club.”
“Every one of the Autobots is a General Motors vehicle, and every one of them is in showroom condition even after the battles.”
“For example, the average demonstration expense of an automobile in a showroom is $4.12 as compared to 1. 6c for which the car can now be demonstrated over television.”
“Rebecca McAlpin for The Wall Street Journal Mr. Gurung's fittings are held in his "showroom" -- his communications manager's apartment.”
“Whether you’re buying or admiring, the showroom is open to all.”
“Tigerman called his showroom "The Best Home of All.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘showroom’.
An add-on to Trivet's list elbow room and Lampbane's list 2BDRM W/VU that tries not to duplicate Trivet's and Lampbane's existing rooms. Virtual, allegorical and proverbial rooms accepted.
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for showroom.