from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A very small quantity.
- n. The amount that a thimble can hold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. As much as a thimble will hold.
- n. A small amount of liquid, especially alcoholic spirits.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. As much as a thimble will hold; a very small quantity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. As much as a thimble will hold; hence, a very small quantity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. as much as a thimble will hold
Sorry, no etymologies found.