from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of flowerless plants, having articulated stems and whorled branches. They flourish in wet places.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of cellular cryptogamous plants, natural order Characeæ (which see).
- n. [I. c.] A plant of this genus.
- n. The name of the southernmost of the two hounds in the constellation Canes Venatici.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts
Sorry, no etymologies found.