from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of chlorinating something; especially, the addition of chlorine to water to purify it, and a process for the extraction of gold by exposure of the auriferous material to chlorine gas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of subjecting anything to the action of chlorine; especially, a process for the extraction of gold by exposure of the auriferous material to chlorine gas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of subjecting to the action of chlorin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. disinfection of water by the addition of small amounts of chlorine or a chlorine compound
- n. the addition or substitution of chlorine in organic compounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.