Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of subjecting to the action of chlorin.
- n. chemistry The act or process of chlorinating something; especially, the addition of chlorine to water to purify it, and a process for the extraction of gold by exposure of the auriferous material to chlorine gas.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or process of subjecting anything to the action of chlorine; especially, a process for the extraction of gold by exposure of the auriferous material to chlorine gas.
- n. disinfection of water by the addition of small amounts of chlorine or a chlorine compound
- n. the addition or substitution of chlorine in organic compounds
“The natural water treatment potential was adopted long before chemical water treatment methods, such as chlorination and flocculation, were discovered and applied.”
“In particular, if certain treatments of the raw water, such as chlorination are believed necessary, effective local substitutes may not exist.”
“Unlike UV or other disinfection techniques [such as chlorination] they can also kill some of the toughest microbes such as spores," he said.”
“Aloma says they also are airlifting supplies of water chlorination tablets and hygiene kits.”
“Dr. Osterholm reckons that irradiation is the necessary fourth pillar of a public-health platform—the other three pillars being chlorination, vaccination and pasteurization—that has delivered astonishing progress against infectious disease and a dramatically longer average life span over the past century.”
“Several partners are about to wind down their chlorination operations because of a lack of funding or to focus on longer-term strategies.”
“MSF-Belgium and Oxfam-GB have announced they will stop on 1 March the chlorination of 11 wells in Port-au-Prince that provide water for approximately 374,500 people.”
“Salvador Guillet on February 4, 20111, with the publication of its final Situation Report on cholera, which accused major NGOs of abandoning well chlorination projects.”
“UNICEF promotes a variety of treatment methods such as user-friendly filtration, simple solar water disinfection (SODIS) and home chlorination.”
“If I was Grand Benevolent Dictator, I might support public subsidies of private education for the very poor, obvious public health measures (basic stuff like chlorination of water supplies) and catastrophic health insurance for the very poor.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘chlorination’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
unconfined aquifer, confined aquifer, artesian aquifer, water catchment, groundwater abstr..., spring water coll..., surface water col..., impounding reservoir, intake water, potable water, treatment plant, drinking water tr... and 79 more...
More randomly-garnered terms from the world of words that don't quite yet fit into my other lists.
Looking for tweets for chlorination.