from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Likely to cause choking.
- adj. Tending to become choked.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. reminiscent of choking
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to choke or suffocate, or having power to suffocate.
- adj. Inclined to choke, as a person affected with strong emotion.
- n. A station, as for collection of customs, for palanquin bearers, police, etc.
- n. Specif., a prison or lockup; a jail.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to choke or suffocate: as, the air of the room was quite choky.
- Inclined to choke, as with emotion.
- n. A prison; a lockup; also, a customs- or toll-station; a palanquin-station.
- n. The act of watching or guarding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. so tight as to tend to choke
- n. British slang (dated) for a prison
choke + -y (Wiktionary)