from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wooden block on which food or wood is chopped.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wooden slab used as a cutting surface for food etc.
- n. A block of wood against which a condemned person put their head prior to beheading.
- n. A dangerous predicament or situation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a solid block of wood on which butchers and others chop meat, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A block on which anything is laid to be chopped.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a steady wooden block on which food can be cut or diced or wood can be split
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.