from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. The jaws.
- n.pl. The mouth.
- n.pl. The lower cheeks or jowls.
- n.pl. Muttonchops.
- n.pl. Slang The technical skill with which a jazz or rock musician performs.
- idiom bust (someone's) chops To scold or insult someone.
- idiom bust (someone's) chops To disappoint or defeat someone.
- idiom bust (someone's) chops To hold a building contractor to the letter of an agreement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of chop.
- n. The mouth, jaws or jowl.
- n. A wind instrument player's embouchure.
- n. One's skill at musical interpretation and delivery; musical performance ability.
- n. One's skill at any endeavor.
- n. The area where two tides meet and cause an irregular (choppy) sea.
- n. A pattern that involves carrying the object with the hand over the next object before throwing it.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of chop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. The jaws; also, the fleshy parts about the mouth.
- n.pl. The sides or capes at the mouth of a river, channel, harbor, or bay.
The world was simpler once. on February 10, 2009 at 10: 42 pm | Reply angharad joker says kibble chops is lucky to have a coat - joker and young dave are made to go out in the cold with just fur … on February 10, 2009 at 10: 55 pm | Reply uphilldowndale
Vuong Loc from Portage and Pig and Whistle, meanwhile, had had cooks running lamb chops from the main-floor oven to his upstairs table.
Unfortunately, the only film on the list with sci-fi chops is the 1999 animated tear-jerker The Iron Giant.
Are You Crying? There’s No Crying in Sci Fi! : SF Universe - SF Universe is your Science Fiction central. From SciFi television to movies to books and more. All the latest news, reviews and insights from SciFi experts.
Maria V said ... talk about telepathy - i was just wondering what i was going to do with the leftover lamb chops from the Easter meal - here's the answer!
Blade chops (chuletas de espaldilla) may also be cut from the shoulder, though they are not as lean as the rib chops or loin chops and are best prepared braised.
From this come loin chops (chuletas de lomos cargados) and loin roast (lomos cargados en trozo.)
The English tend not to do so and to watch someone immolate good chops is always an alarming and dispiriting experience.
When not busting your chops, is she attached to her PC reading/sending out pointless emails?
In the meantime, I gotta run out and grab some pork chops from the local halal butcher.
This recipe for lamb chops is from the cookbook: Gourmet Meals in Minutes.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.