from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A knightly servant of a high-born lady.
- n. A married woman's lover; a kept man.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A professed admirer of a married woman; a dangler about women.
- n. A knot of silk or ribbon attached to a fan, walking stick, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Italy, since the seventeenth century, the name given to a professed gallant and attendant of a married woman; one who dangles about women.
- n. A bow of silk or ribbon with long pendent ends attached to a walking-stick, the hilt of a sword, or the handle of a fan.
Italian cicisbeo (Wiktionary)