from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Situated on this side of the mountains, especially the Alps.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. From this side of the mountains.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. On this side of the mountains. See under ultramontane.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated on this (the speaker's) side of the mountain; specifically, on the northern side of the Alps (with special reference to the relation of the peoples north of Italy to the see of Rome): opposed to ultramontane.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. on this (the speaker's) side of the mountains
Sorry, no etymologies found.