from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To exist together, at the same time, or in the same place.
- intransitive v. To live in peace with another or others despite differences, especially as a matter of policy: "recognize and accept, as every President in the nuclear age has, that this means coexisting with the Soviet Union” ( McGeorge Bundy).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To exist contemporaneously or in the same area.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To exist at the same time; -- sometimes followed by with.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To exist at the same time with another, or with one another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. coexist peacefully, as of nations
- v. exist together
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Maybe he was trying to find that "crepuscular" place where left and right brain coexist in a harmonious union.
Which means I have to think through the plots first, then worry about how Taylor and Baldwin coexist within them.
The conviction that no way can be found for Israel and the Palestinians to coexist is strongest in Morocco (90 percent), followed by Jordan (85 percent), the Palestinian Authority (80 percent), Kuwait (72 percent), Lebanon (65 percent), Indonesia (58 percent) and Pakistan (57 percent).
So this is a movie in which Miley Stinkvirus and the idea of sex coexist, which is about as unpleasant as movies get these days.
When you look at the diverse group of people; the antique cars group, the street rodders, the muscle car people, the pro-streets, the low-riders, the rat rodders, and the custom car people, you quickly see that all forms of automotive self - expression coexist at all age levels.
I'm against the people that are out there just really just causing problems and making it hard for everybody just to kind of coexist here on Haight Street.
But it's also possible that these two personas inside Glenn Beck kind of coexist, and he's not even sure who he is at this point.
I think your friends from group 2 would be pleased to know about the Easter egg in the pluralistic "coexist" stained glass window.
And I think it is entirely possible for both sorts of sex to coexist, meaning the fact that at any one time some people in our society are having casual sex does not mean other people cannot be having intimate sex.
The farmers would be allowed to stay and carry on with crops already planted, but they would have to "coexist" with new settlers.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.