from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To exist before (something); precede: Dinosaurs preexisted humans.
- intransitive v. To exist beforehand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To exist before something else.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To exist previously; to exist before something else.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To exist before something else; have a prior existence.
- To exist in a previous state.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. exist beforehand or prior to a certain point in time
Sorry, no etymologies found.